Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Busy Busy...When's the break?

Well, life is still busy it seems. I feel as if I haven't had a moment to come up for air since I've been back from Kansas.  Tomorrow I"m auditioning just for the sub list for BMOP.  I injured my thumb working on r's piece so I had to find a quick alternative piece to prepare-that didn't have thumb position and was written after 1950. I came up with Bloch's 3rd Suite...the first movement. I"m also playing the Gigue from Bach's 3rd suite.  A standard for me...

Thursday I'm leaving for Dartmoth College in NH for 3 days to play with the orchestra there. I'm pretty stoked about the program....Brahms 4, Brahms academic overture and a mozart piano concerto.  Fun music, and free housing at a  hotel near by!  yay, no driving and free internet!

This summer I"m trying to lay low and prep excerpts for the possible NYPHIL audition next year, play a recital-AND learn r's piece. I did agree to do a week at the Bard Conductor's Institute Orchestra in upstate NY, and I have to teach at a Suzuki Camp in July. I've been quasi wait listed for another program and I'm hoping that I might be able to attend that. I'll write more about it if it were to become a reality. 

I guess thats it for now. Tonight my students played a recital in Whitinsville, and I taught most of the day. My mom's dog is here and he's not been well so I stuck a vet appointment in the center of it all and found a way to squeeze a little practice into the day due to tomorrow's audition. I wish I had a little more prep time!

No comments:

Post a Comment