Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Studio Recital Preparations

Teaching still seems to occupy my life lately. My studio recital is on June 20th and after that I"m really hoping to be able to focus on audition preparations and a recital this summer.  My recital seems to be coming together. I have most of the student's rep prepared, I"ve started on my pianist's book (and hired a pianist for that matter) and I have pretty much decided what I am going to play (just a quick show piece...Popper Hungarian Rhapsody and maybe the Swan or possibly a duet with Jen if she's interested).  I also have a cello choir from WCS I'd love to have there. This year we did a choir version of a movement of the Bach Da Gamba sonatas, and The overture of the Barber of Seville.  It would be very fun to have them there, but we'll have to see if people are available. 

I guess thats it for now, not a very exciting post. I"m stil working on Robert's piece, as its pretty hard, but I really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment