Friday, March 27, 2009

um, how is it suddenly 11:15 pm?

Today was a practice day for me, but I feel like I really didn't get enough practice-and I 'm not sure why. I ended up having a phone call in the morning that sort of pushed the start of my day later, and I went to practice at church with R for 1/2 an hour...but aside from that? Maybe 5 hours of work, but I'd really like to be at 8 hours for the next few days (minimum). Oh well, we all have days like that. I did listen to my lesson with Sato, and although at times it was "colorful" it was helpful and I"ll wake up early and apply some of his thoughts to my excerpts.
Lets see, I made an appointment to get my hair cut Saturday at 12 noon in Lexington, and a cello adjustment apointment for 7:45 am on Tuesday. I also sent out my deposit for Ny's audition. Wednesday after rush hour I'll start my commute to Ny. Lastly E also did some great detective work for me..such a good friend!!!
Did I go to the gym today? Unfortunately not, I start to get anxious that I"ve not practiced enough and suddenly the day is done and the gym is closed. I did make a fruit smoothy though, and it was fabulous!

In other news, I'm really excited about R's new solo cello piece. Its so much fun to play and I think a fabulous piece. I"m dying to work on it more, but find myself so over my head with excerpt work that I can't right now. Its so frustrating, but I'm trying to see it as a little "prize" for myself once I finish this audition and Kansas City.

No comments:

Post a Comment