Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cello Blake

     Yesterday I spent a long time on the phone with Midwest airlines. It seems that they don't think that I should be given frequent flyer miles for my cello EVEN though I always buy a second seat for it.  I was passed from manager to manager until I found someone that thought the policy might be unfair too. They are going to have a meeting this week about how they can rewrite the policy. hurrah!  When I first tried to sign it up, the representative said "I can't sign up a cello!  What would I use for a name?"  and I said "Well, Cello Blake of course!!" I wish I'd signed up for Frequent flyer miles in September with the Milwaukee trip, but I didn't think I'd be using Midwest airlines again...oh well!
     I"m kind of amazed how as we get older the days go faster and faster. I used to think the time from 2:30-5:00 was such a long time (when I used to get out of school) now I think that time slot flies by, and I can't seem to get nearly the amount of things done that I would like.
Yesterday I received my time slot for Kansas City's cello auditions, and  I purchased my flight and booked my hotel.  I'm still waiting to hear about my CD for NY. Atlanta still hasn't set a date for their auditions, I really do hope they follow through.  
Today is a practice day and I think I"m going to teach 1 student in the afternoon. I also need to practice turning pages and pulling stops for R's piece at church and I want to get to the gym.  


2 comments:

  1. When somebody buys plane tickets for their whole family, they get the miles for everyone...how is a cello any different? If both tickets are on the same credit card I don't understand why its a problem...hmmm...just fly southwest...its better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. I'm going to play this one out and see what happens, but southwest wasn't really an option (according to travelocity)...I didn't actually buy from travelocity, just checked out flights...

    southwest seats are SO small, and dude..I'm not!

    ReplyDelete