Thursday, April 16, 2009

yay macbook!

I"m officially on my new macbook and I LOVE IT.  I can't believe how nice it is to be on a brand new computer...everything is faster, easier. Its fabulous! 

Today I woke up at 7 to practice, then went to school to  listen to Jurys, taught a chamber group, a suzuki cello group class,  came home for a quick dinner, and left for BPO rehearsal.  We are playing Brahms 2 for this concert, and the second movement is kind of driving me crazy. Brahms 2 is a huge cello excerpt and I"ve really spent a lot of time working on it...its not an excerpt that comes easily to me.  For this concert the bowings are completely screwy, and they keep changing, and I"m a little worried about how its going to affect my audition.  Tuesday we were playing the first and second measure as a down bow, then RETAKING and playing 2 more measures down bow. Today we played the first note upbow and the rest of the phrase down bow, then another up bow (one note) and all down bow again.  Its making me crazy, because in my opinion it does not support the phrase line.  

Ok, enough of that rant. I need to go to sleep. I have a lesson with Sato tomorrow...and need to rest up!

2 comments:

  1. I actually play Brahms 2 starting up...thats what our rep teacher at Rice made us do! it makes the phrase easier...but you have to deal with starting up and making it sound down...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented back on facebook for whatever reason....

    ReplyDelete